Friday, October 16, 2009

Malaysian Language

'Don't be silly, Livia' I realised I m always silly. I always have silly thoughts, even my friend in malaysia will quote that quote but in malaysian language like 'Dont be stupid la!'. When they say dont worry, they usually make it short and simple 'No la!'. Malaysian language are usually much more rough and simple.. like those english people would usually say 'Pardon me' or 'sorry'. Malaysian language are usually 'huh?'. Malaysian language always ends with a 'la' and 'lor' in every sentences. How Malaysian talk..
English : there
Malaysian : tuuu...
English: Where is it?
Malaysian: Where got?
English: Please dont drive in the middle.
Malaysian: Oi! Your grandfather own this road ah!?
English: Come here and I will show it to you.
Malaysian: Come! I show you!
Although Malaysian speak broken english, we Malaysian might still be better than you in english. It just take some time for us to get use to speak proper english without the la and ah and lor and so on.