Monday, October 11, 2010

The pride of the sign 'L'

I got this last Wednesday if I wasn't mistaken. The pride of getting 'L' is like getting a badge of honour or getting a gold medal. Most people will think this is silly or stupid but not me. I stride around proudly showing my temporary piece of paper to everyone. The yellow square template with a black sign 'L' was attach to the car wind screen. Getting behind the wheel is lovely, smiling in glee while you rev up the car and step on the acceleration too hard that it jerk forward, leaving your teacher sweaty and their hands are gripped on tightly to the side handle.
This 'L' is not just an L it is the part of your success and a step towards independence. I smile with pride as I drive onto the road, smiling and waving at every bypasser while they give you a look, a look that say 'She is crazy', a look that you might agree. For you it is just a learners, but for me it is a learning process to independence and pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment